Memberships are available on the American Rhododendron Society website or from the following:
American Rhododendron Society
P.O. Box 214, Great River, NY 11739; Phone: 631-533-0375, Fax: 866-883-8019 Email: email@example.com
Or contact our Willamette Chapter ARS Treasurer:
Mr. Dana Malby, Treasurer, Willamette Chapter, American Rhododendron Society, 3910 Brooks Ave. NE, Salem, OR 97303-4024 (503) 393-6463
SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP OFFERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Fellowship and friendships with enthusiastic gardeners sharing a common interest.
- A quarterly journal with color photographs.
- A seed exchange program, through which you may obtain rare seed.
- A pollen bank maintained by members interested in propagation.
- Rental of slide programs on pertinent subjects.
- An opportunity to support Rhododendron Research
- An annual rhododendron conference in one of the garden cities of the world, including:
*Opportunities to meet world leaders in the field.
*Visits to private and public gardens.
*An international flower show.
*Opportunities to learn and share.
- Regional conferences
BENEFITS OF CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP
- Participate in chapter activities.
- Buy rare and scarce plants at auctions or sales (not exclusively rhododendrons)
- Obtain cuttings of plants
- Participate in maintenance and enjoyment of the Cecil and Molly Smith Garden
- Receive a newsletter.
- Enjoy speakers and slide programs.
- Learn how to grow rhododendrons and azaleas.
- Go on garden tours.
- Buy books at discount.
- Get landscaping help.